Do you wish you could start Windows 8 and go straight to the Desktop? Well it is possible, with a bit of spit and polish. Here is how you do that.
Open Control Panel and select the Administrative Tools option.
Select the Task Scheduler
Select the Task Scheduler Library on the Left and click on ‘Create Basic Task’ from the Actions menu.
Give the task a suitable name and description.
Click on Next and then select the Trigger – ‘When I log on’.
Click Next and select the ‘Start a program’ action.
Click Next and Type or Browse to explorer at the following path:
Then click on next, review your settings and click on Finish. The next time you start Windows 8, it will briefly display the Start Menu before going to the Desktop.
source: ars technica
Latest posts by Dirk Strauss (see all)
- The Daily Six Pack: September 28, 2015 - 28 September, 2015 00:15:24
- The Daily Six Pack: September 25, 2015 - 25 September, 2015 00:15:05
- CloudBerry Backup Desktop Edition by CloudBerry Lab - 24 September, 2015 16:57:04
- Webucator – C# Online and Onsite Training Classes With Microsoft Certified Instructors - 23 September, 2015 20:34:25
- The Daily Six Pack: September 23, 2015 - 23 September, 2015 00:15:32