DotNet Framework 4.5 was released on August 15th, 2012. It included many new features and is only supported on Windows Vista or later. Microsoft started developing the .NET Framework in the late 1990s.
It was originally under the name NGWS or Next Generation Windows Services. By late 2000 the first beta versions of .NET 1.0 were released which was followed by the .NET Framework 3.0 which was included with Windows Server 2008 and Vista. The .NET Framework 3.5 is bundled with Windows 7 but can be installed on XP and Windows Server 2003.
On 12 April 2010 the .NET Framework 4 was released with Visual Studio 2010. Here are five great features of 4.5 as outlined by Shivprasad Koirala.
Next up, Tim Bush shares another great video on another awesome feature in Windows 8 called ‘File History’. This allows you to securely configure and keep a chronological history of the files on your computer. So have a look at the clip in the link below.
Lastly, it seems when enough people whine about the missing start button in Windows 8, Microsoft will pay attention. Yes, it is back in Windows 8.1 and Matt Burns details it a bit more in his post from Paul Thurrott.
Have a great day today! Here is The Daily Six Pack!
Feature link: DotNet Framework 4.5
- Five Great .NET Framework 4.5 Features, Shivprasad Koirala
- Windows 8: Setup and use File History (video), Tim Bush
- Windows 8.1 To Get A Start Button Because Windows Is Dumb Without One, Matt Burns
- Better Unit Testing with Microsoft Fakes Guide a la mobi and epub, Willy-P. Schaub
- 30 Nuggets on Software Development from Shaping Software, JD Meier
- Credential Locker: Your solution for handling usernames and passwords in your Windows Store app, Doug Rothaus
For more excellent content, please visit
- James Michael Hare
- Interesting Finds by Jason Haley
- The Dev Box by Janes Oosthuizen
- Dew Drop by Alvin Ashcraft
- Regular Geek by Robert Diana
- chodounsky.net by Jakub Chodounsky
Today’s xkcd comic is one of my all time favourites. Tell me you don’t find this hilarious!
Latest posts by Dirk Strauss (see all)
- The Daily Six Pack: August 18, 2014 - 18 August, 2014 06:00:08
- The Daily Six Pack: August 15, 2014 - 15 August, 2014 06:00:23
- The Daily Six Pack: August 14, 2014 - 14 August, 2014 06:00:38
- The Daily Six Pack: August 13, 2014 - 13 August, 2014 08:24:28
- The Daily Six Pack: August 12, 2014 - 12 August, 2014 06:00:06