If you haven’t worked with LightSwitch before, go have a look at some of the resources online. You will be surprised at how powerful this technology really is. Lastly, go have a look at the book, LightSwitch Succinctly written by Jan Van der Haegen as part of Syncfusion’s free eBook series.
Lastly, have you been saying GIF (a hard G) or JIF (a soft G)? I have been committing grammatical faux pas for years, thinking I was pronouncing it correctly, right up until GIF inventor Steve Wilhite poured cold water over my seemingly cool pronunciation. Josh Benson writes a great post on this, and that crazy GIF (or is that JIF) of Jack Nicholson is just freaky man! I love it!
Have another great day today folks! Here is The Daily Six Pack!
Feature link: LightSwitch Code Snippets
- Creating Visual Studio LightSwitch Code Snippets, Michael Washington
- How to Silently Print Pdf’s using Adobe Reader and C#, David Wimbley
- Pronounce GIF: Format creator honored, confirms how you say it, Josh Benson
- How to Navigate to an URL in LightSwitch?, Kunal Chowdhury
- Create location aware apps using geolocation and Bing Maps, Ross Heise
- A Visual Explanation of SQL Joins, Jeff Atwood
For more excellent content, please visit
- James Michael Hare
- Interesting Finds by Jason Haley
- The Dev Box by Janes Oosthuizen
- Dew Drop by Alvin Ashcraft
- Regular Geek by Robert Diana
- chodounsky.net by Jakub Chodounsky
Lastly, I love funny comics. Here is one of my favourites! Go check out xkcd comics. In the meantime, enjoy some of them here:
Latest posts by Dirk Strauss (see all)
- The Daily Six Pack: March 6, 2014 - 6 March, 2014 08:48:44
- The Daily Six Pack: March 5, 2014 - 5 March, 2014 09:21:25
- The Daily Six Pack: March 4, 2014 - 4 March, 2014 06:00:44
- The Daily Six Pack: March 3, 2014 - 3 March, 2014 06:00:45
- The Daily Six Pack: February 28, 2014 - 28 February, 2014 06:00:04