Reverse Engineering is a very real threat in today’s software development landscape. A colleague of mine had to reverse engineer an application that needed changes made to the code logic. The problem was that the previous developer left without handing over the source. The gist of today’s featured link is that .NET is really easy to reverse engineer. Tony Patton tells us more about this and how to avoid your hard work from been seen by those that aren’t supposed to.
Next there is another instalment of Simon Cooper’s series on .NET security. Perhaps part of your security methodology should be to obfuscate your source code. A great source of security related content in general is Troy Hunt’s blog, so head on over there and take a look.
Lastly, the Visual Studio 2012 and .NET Expert Development Cookbook is being reviewed by Brij over at Code Project. Go check out what he has to say. If you would like to win a free copy of this fantastic book, head on over to Abhishek Sur’s blog (yes, he is the author) and take part in the competition which is really easy to enter.
Welcome to a new week. I hope that you all have a great day today! Here is The Daily Six Pack!
Feature link: Reverse Engineering .NET
- Reverse engineering your .NET applications, Tony Patton
- .NET Security Part 3, Simon Cooper
- New Windows Dev Center release, Brian Harry
- Visual Studio 2012 and .NET 4.5 Expert Development Cookbook : A Review, Brij
- A Call Stack Keeps Track of Methods that Have Been Called, Sean Sexton
- How to Specify the Startup Page in Windows Phone, Michael Crump
For more excellent content, please visit
- James Michael Hare
- Interesting Finds by Jason Haley
- The Dev Box by Janes Oosthuizen
- Dew Drop by Alvin Ashcraft
- Regular Geek by Robert Diana
- chodounsky.net by Jakub Chodounsky
Latest posts by Dirk Strauss (see all)
- The Daily Six Pack: July 31, 2014 - 31 July, 2014 07:28:21
- The Daily Six Pack: July 30, 2014 - 30 July, 2014 08:37:16
- The Daily Six Pack: July 29, 2014 - 29 July, 2014 06:00:50
- ApexSQL Provides Excellent SQL Tools For Free - 29 July, 2014 01:00:23
- The Daily Six Pack: July 28, 2014 - 28 July, 2014 06:00:34