Hello and welcome to more tech goodness. Beth Massi, a Senior Program Manager on Microsoft’s Visual Studio team answers a couple questions she received recently. In particular, how do you add data to tables with a one-to-zero-or-one relationship in Visual Studio LightSwitch.
Then you might remember that earlier in the week Julie Larson-Green was at the WIRED Business Conference discussing Windows and it’s evolution. Microsoft updates more than a billion unique Windows PCs each month with updates. Most of these run Windows 7, and some even still run Windows XP. (Serious Tech stats right there)
What is clear though that more and more people are running Windows 8 each day. In fact, Tami Reller announced that Microsoft sold more than 100 million licenses of Windows 8. This in just the first six months on the market. Read more at the link below.
Business analyst, technologist, Microsoft MVP, SkyWarn storm spotter, wannabe fitness freak, and nerd from Moore, Oklahoma, Shawn Keene gives us the inside info on the hardware and software he uses the most. I enjoy such posts. What an IT person uses tells the rest of us quite a lot about that person. It also makes you realize what you should be doing in many instances.
That’s it for today folks! Have a great Saturday and see you on Monday! Here is The Daily Six Pack.
- Saving Data Across One-to-One Relationships, Beth Massi
- Building on our vision of modern computing, Julie Larson-Green
- Hardware and software I use and recommend, Shawn Keene
- Quick MySQL find and replace, Janes Oosthuizen
- How to Stand Out at Work: 10 Tips for Programmers (Part 1), Yuriy Lopotun
- Adding Column Defaulting to Current Datetime in Table, Pinal Dave
For more excellent content, please visit
- Interesting Finds by Jason Haley
- The Dev Box by Janes Oosthuizen
- Dew Drop by Alvin Ashcraft
- Regular Geek by Robert Diana
- chodounsky.net by Jakub Chodounsky
Latest posts by Dirk Strauss (see all)
- The Daily Six Pack: December 12, 2014 - 12 December, 2014 06:00:44
- Visual Studio 2015 Preview and Windows 10 Technical Preview – Try Them On Azure Now - 12 December, 2014 01:00:41
- The Daily Six Pack: December 11, 2014 - 11 December, 2014 06:00:06
- Rebracer – Save Visual Studio Editor Formatting Settings Per Solution - 11 December, 2014 01:00:38
- The Daily Six Pack: December 10, 2014 - 10 December, 2014 06:00:11