Task Manager in Windows 8 has been overhauled. It now includes a lot of excellent new features. In the video below, Tim Bush walks us through some of the new features and enhancements. He also shows us some of the hidden tips and tricks you might have missed. If you enjoyed Tim’s video, you might like to read a previous article of mine entitled: Windows 8 Tips Part 18 – Customize Task Manager.
Next, Scott Hanselman talks about your images and the copyright you should have, but so many ignore. This is another excellent article and well worth the read. Then Iris Classon asks another great question. This time regarding the Visual Studio 2012 upper case menu. If you want to read my take on it, see this article: Visual Studio 2012 Tips Part 2 – Turn off Menu Upper Casing.
Lastly, Sarah Lamb is back and talking about something developers don’t usually do very well…. that is marketing.
It’s almost Friday, we just need to get through Thursday. Have a great day! Here is The Daily Six Pack!
Feature link: Task Manager
- Task Manager in Windows 8 (video), Tim Bush
- They WILL take your photos and they WILL use them and you WILL like it, Scott Hanselman
- Stupid Question 197-198: Why is the VS2012 menu uppercased, and can I undo that?, Iris Classon
- Marketing 101 for developers, Sarah Lamb
- Migrate Database from SQL Server to NuoDB – A Quick Tutorial, Pinal Dave
- How New Zealand became tech hotbed, TechCentral
For more excellent content, please visit
- James Michael Hare
- Interesting Finds by Jason Haley
- The Dev Box by Janes Oosthuizen
- Dew Drop by Alvin Ashcraft
- Regular Geek by Robert Diana
- chodounsky.net by Jakub Chodounsky
Today’s xkcd comic is really funny. I laughed so hard, I just had to include it.
Latest posts by Dirk Strauss (see all)
- The Daily Six Pack: December 12, 2014 - 12 December, 2014 06:00:44
- Visual Studio 2015 Preview and Windows 10 Technical Preview – Try Them On Azure Now - 12 December, 2014 01:00:41
- The Daily Six Pack: December 11, 2014 - 11 December, 2014 06:00:06
- Rebracer – Save Visual Studio Editor Formatting Settings Per Solution - 11 December, 2014 01:00:38
- The Daily Six Pack: December 10, 2014 - 10 December, 2014 06:00:11