Data Backup strategies vary, but one thing is for certain. How ever you do it, be sure to do it. Shawn Keene wrote a great article on his blog about his hard drive crash and how he recovered from it. Do you backup your data on a regular basis? What is your backup and recovery plan?
In the next link, Shawn shows us how to sync your libraries to SkyDrive. There are so many tools available to us for online storage, we really have no excuse not to (unless you are a conspiracy theorist that thinks backing up to the cloud will expose you to risk). The most important thing to consider is what the value of your data is and what it means to you. Can you afford not to have a Data Backup plan and not to back up your data to some type of ‘off hard drive’ storage.
Kunal Chowdhury then talks about Lazy loading and how it can be beneficial to your applications. This is a really nice post for the devs out there. Lastly, Michael Crump gives us a recap of the WWDC 2013 in just 750 words.
The middle of the week has arrived. Have a great day! Here is The Daily Six Pack!
Feature link: Data Backup
- My hard drive crashed, and yours will too, Shawn Keene
- Sync Your Libraries to SkyDrive [Video], Shawn Keene
- E3 2013: PlayStation 4 Design Revealed, Andrew Goldfarb
- Beyond NSA, the intelligence community has a big technology footprint, HadoopSphere
- What is Lazy loading and how this will benefit your project?, Kunal Chowdhury
- WWDC 2013 Recap in 750 Words, Michael Crump
For more excellent content, please visit
- James Michael Hare
- Interesting Finds by Jason Haley
- The Dev Box by Janes Oosthuizen
- Dew Drop by Alvin Ashcraft
- Regular Geek by Robert Diana
- chodounsky.net by Jakub Chodounsky
Today’s xkcd comic is for all you Firefox fans!
Latest posts by Dirk Strauss (see all)
- The Daily Six Pack: December 12, 2014 - 12 December, 2014 06:00:44
- Visual Studio 2015 Preview and Windows 10 Technical Preview – Try Them On Azure Now - 12 December, 2014 01:00:41
- The Daily Six Pack: December 11, 2014 - 11 December, 2014 06:00:06
- Rebracer – Save Visual Studio Editor Formatting Settings Per Solution - 11 December, 2014 01:00:38
- The Daily Six Pack: December 10, 2014 - 10 December, 2014 06:00:11