Xbox One, need I say more. The ridiculous restrictions imposed on it by Microsoft have finally been resolved. I wonder who even figured that imposing restrictions such as that would hold ANY water. In fact, the gamer community is stronger than any corporation. But well done to Microsoft for listening. And Thank you.
Menny Rachmanny has a nice article on the C# Language Specification and Eric Vogel discusses the Facade Pattern in .NET. Microsoft has also announced a bounty program for reporting vulnerabilities. Some devs are going to coin it I’m sure.
Lastly, one thing that I have a pet peeve with is the forced restart after installing Windows Updates. Well Steve Sinchak gives us an excellent tip on how to disable that ‘feature’ of Windows if you should want to. You know, I WILL restart my PC, but just not right now, or in 4 hours either. Anyway, head on over and take a look at that post.
Friday is finally here. Enjoy the day and have a fantastic weekend! Here is The Daily Six Pack!
Feature link: Xbox One
- C# Language Specification 5.0, Menny Rachmanny
- The Facade Pattern in .NET, Eric Vogel
- Disable Windows Update Forced Reboots, Steve Sinchak
- Microsoft announces Bounty Programs – Report vulnerabilities & get paid up to $100000, Vasudev Gurumurthy
- Yahoo’s Very Bad Idea to Release Email Addresses, Mat Honan
For more excellent content, please visit
- James Michael Hare
- Interesting Finds by Jason Haley
- The Dev Box by Janes Oosthuizen
- Dew Drop by Alvin Ashcraft
- Regular Geek by Robert Diana
- chodounsky.net by Jakub Chodounsky
Today’s xkcd comic makes me long for the highways of Johannesburg…. which are almost like these below:
Latest posts by Dirk Strauss (see all)
- Code Contracts Succinctly - 10 April, 2016 21:02:28
- The Daily Six Pack: February 1, 2016 - 1 February, 2016 00:15:18
- The Daily Six Pack: January 29, 2016 - 29 January, 2016 00:15:53
- The Daily Six Pack: January 28, 2016 - 28 January, 2016 00:15:56
- The Daily Six Pack: January 27, 2016 - 27 January, 2016 00:15:35