Facebook Hashtags are finally here. It seems as though the accidental hashtag as we know it, that has it’s roots in Twitter, has become a popular statement. It is hard to believe that it has taken so long for Facebook to include them (#JustSaying #ThatIsAll). But did you know that hashtags first appeared and were used within IRC networks? They were used to label groups and topics. Nevertheless, no matter your age, I believe that most people have used the humble hashtag to embellish their on-line statements in some way or another.
Then, Brent Ozar has a good post on SQL Server 2014. Have a look at his article and get to know SQL Server 2014 a little better. Beth Massi then gives us a content rollup of all the LightSwitch community content.
Lastly, Pinal Dave has a very interesting article on NuoDB.
Thank you for your continued support and for reading. Have a great day! Here is The Daily Six Pack!
Feature link: Facebook Hashtags
- (Almost) Everything You Need to Know About SQL Server 2014, Brent Ozar
- An Example of a finally Block with No catch Block, Sean Sexton
- LightSwitch Community & Content Rollup– May 2013 (+more), Beth Massi
- SQL – Step by Step Guide to Download and Install NuoDB – Getting Started with NuoDB, Pinal Dave
- ZipApp – Create your own Windows 8 App without any coding!, Neha Goel
For more excellent content, please visit
- James Michael Hare
- Interesting Finds by Jason Haley
- The Dev Box by Janes Oosthuizen
- Dew Drop by Alvin Ashcraft
- Regular Geek by Robert Diana
- chodounsky.net by Jakub Chodounsky
Today’s xkcd comic is one for the techies and dev’s alike. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Dirk Strauss (see all)
- The Daily Six Pack: November 5, 2015 - 5 November, 2015 00:10:45
- The Daily Six Pack: November 4, 2015 - 4 November, 2015 00:10:43
- Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 Reviewed - 3 November, 2015 21:49:36
- The Daily Six Pack: November 3, 2015 - 3 November, 2015 00:10:29
- The Daily Six Pack: November 2, 2015 - 2 November, 2015 00:30:40