Douglas C. Engelbart passed away on Tuesday at the age of 88 due to kidney failure. If you are not sure who he was, be sure to read the article in today’s featured link. I am certain that he touched the life of every computer user alive today. It actually blows my mind to think that back in 1960’s, this man thought of something nobody else at the time did. That one thought transformed computing. (Just ask all the Graphic Designers using Mac’s)
Next, we look at an excellent LightSwitch article posted on The Code Project by Michael Washington. Also, Twitter seems to be becoming stricter with their API and what developers can do with it.
Lastly, Microsoft is rolling out a Windows 8.1 Preview fix. Boy, that was fast! I installed Windows 8.1 preview last night. I did this on a VirtualBox VM, and excepting for a small hiccup, the install went along smoothly.
Thursday is upon us. So seize the day! Have a great one! Here is The Daily Six Pack!
Feature link: Douglas C. Engelbart
- Computer Visionary Who Invented the Mouse, John Markoff
- What is New in Code Analysis for Visual Studio 2013, Andrew B Hall
- Microsoft Delivers Fixes for Windows 8.1 Preview, Paul Thurrott
- An End-To-End LightSwitch HTML Example, Michael Washington
- Twitter bans auto-following and bulk following in new developer updates, Carl Franzen
- The Golden Age Of RSS, Anil Dash
For more excellent content, please visit
- James Michael Hare
- Interesting Finds by Jason Haley
- The Dev Box by Janes Oosthuizen
- Dew Drop by Alvin Ashcraft
- Regular Geek by Robert Diana
- chodounsky.net by Jakub Chodounsky
I found this cool pic on Twitter. Norwich council takes delivery of its first computer.
Latest posts by Dirk Strauss (see all)
- The Daily Six Pack: September 28, 2015 - 28 September, 2015 00:15:24
- The Daily Six Pack: September 25, 2015 - 25 September, 2015 00:15:05
- CloudBerry Backup Desktop Edition by CloudBerry Lab - 24 September, 2015 16:57:04
- Webucator – C# Online and Onsite Training Classes With Microsoft Certified Instructors - 23 September, 2015 20:34:25
- The Daily Six Pack: September 23, 2015 - 23 September, 2015 00:15:32