Social Media – To what extent does Social Media impact our lives today? How often do you walk around in town and see people on their smartphones. How many likes does your status update get? How many retweets do you receive? How many followers do you have? Are you the mayor of this place or that? Can you create a great Vine using stop motion?
It consumes our whole existence, and while I use it quite a lot I can understand that there are some that go a bit overboard with their use of Social Media. The question I think we should be asking is, just how social is Social Media?
Social Media – Social or Not
Sometimes I will be in a group of people, and somehow you will invariably find the odd person furiously busy ‘whatever-ing’ on their phone. Somehow it seems acceptable, but when you are in company and someone is distracted and not staring into a screen of some type, it is considered rude?
Hey, I guess that there is a time and place for everything. So from now on, instead of staring at your loved-ones through the screen of Instagram, consider rather spending time with them by actually being there. But we need to be mindful of the times that Social Media has been extremely useful. It has been the medium of choice for the truth tellers, the revolutionaries, the thinkers and freedom makers. I guess there is a place in the sun for everything.
The following video below is an excellent example of some people’s distracted life with Social Media. Have a look and I’m interested in hearing your opinions on the matter in the comments below. Are you a lover or a hater.
Latest posts by Dirk Strauss (see all)
- The Daily Six Pack: September 28, 2015 - 28 September, 2015 00:15:24
- The Daily Six Pack: September 25, 2015 - 25 September, 2015 00:15:05
- CloudBerry Backup Desktop Edition by CloudBerry Lab - 24 September, 2015 16:57:04
- Webucator – C# Online and Onsite Training Classes With Microsoft Certified Instructors - 23 September, 2015 20:34:25
- The Daily Six Pack: September 23, 2015 - 23 September, 2015 00:15:32