Do you wish you could start Windows 8 and go straight to the Desktop? Well it is possible, with a bit of spit and polish. Here is how you do that.
Open Control Panel and select the Administrative Tools option.
Select the Task Scheduler
Select the Task Scheduler Library on the Left and click on ‘Create Basic Task’ from the Actions menu.
Give the task a suitable name and description.
Click on Next and then select the Trigger – ‘When I log on’.
Click Next and select the ‘Start a program’ action.
Click Next and Type or Browse to explorer at the following path:
Then click on next, review your settings and click on Finish. The next time you start Windows 8, it will briefly display the Start Menu before going to the Desktop.
source: ars technica
Latest posts by Dirk Strauss (see all)
- The Daily Six Pack: April 17, 2014 - 17 April, 2014 06:00:16
- Windows XP Bliss – The Story Behind The Wallpaper - 16 April, 2014 09:42:10
- The Daily Six Pack: April 16, 2014 - 16 April, 2014 08:42:22
- The Daily Six Pack: April 15, 2014 - 15 April, 2014 09:19:51
- The Daily Six Pack: April 14, 2014 - 14 April, 2014 11:33:39